Ready to Get Started?
Our team of professionals is ready to dive in and collaborate with your team
What is it?
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) A.B 375 went into effect on January 01, 2020 with the enforcement beginning on July 01, 2020. The CCPA, much like the GDPR, is a sweeping Privacy law that requires businesses which process the personal information of California residents to comply. The CCPA aims to provide California residents increased transparency and control over what happens with their personal information after the point of data collection.
Specifically, the CCPA provides the following rights to California residents:
- The right to know what personal information is being collected.
- The right to know whether their personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- The right to opt-out of the sale of personal information.
- The right to access their personal information.
- The right to delete their personal information.
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising consumer rights under the CCPA.
Why do our client’s need help?
The CCPA applies to for-profit businesses who process the personal data of California residents and meets one or more of the following thresholds:
- Has annual gross revenues in excess of twenty-five million dollars;
- Annually buy, sell, receive, or share for commercial purposes the personal information of 50,000 or more consumers, households, or devices; or
- Derives 50% or more of its annual revenues from selling consumers’ personal information.
If your Organization satisfies one of the above thresholds, then your Organization is required to comply with the CCPA or face potential penalties including:
- $2,500 fine per violation for unintentional violations; or
- $7,500 per violation for intentional violations.
What we offer
RISCPoint specializes in getting organizations compliant with the CCPA, by offering the following services:
- Advisory Workshops and Gap Assessments
- Identify the controls currently implemented that map to the requirements of the CCPA
- Develop a compliance roadmap to achieving compliance with the CCPA
- Remediation assistance through the development of required policies and procedures to meet compliance requirements.
Why work with us?
- We employ a team of industry experts who have assisted a large number of governmental contractors or all sizes achieve authorization.
- Our advisors have worked with and at some of the largest 3PAOs and bring the knowledge of what auditors, authorizing officials, and the authorization process.
- Our wide partner network includes security software vendors, hosting providers, as well as security engineers – we will be your one-stop-shop for all your authorization needs.
- We offer a wide range of security and compliance services and specialize in the development of enterprise-wise controls environments which will allow you to meet multiple standards and frameworks (FISMA, FedRAMP, SOC 1, SOC2, HITRUST, HIPAA, ISO 27001, and others) and minimize the time spent on audit and compliance works so you can focus on your day-to-day operations.
Start the Conversation
Work with our team of professionals to help find a tailored solution for your company