Ready to Get Started?
Our team of professionals is ready to dive in and collaborate with your team
What is it?
Operating in the healthcare space includes fierce regulatory scrutiny. Whether you are a Covered Entity that needs to comply with the Privacy and Security rule under Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), or a Business Associate that needs to comply with the Security Rule and further rules around electronic health records under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH).
The intersection of healthcare and technology creates complexities for businesses when trying to work within the industry. Additionally, healthcare continues to experience a constant state of change, whether you’re a healthcare provider, a life sciences organization, or a provider of services within the space, you must go beyond HIPAA compliance requirements to implement advanced security technologies and sophisticated risk management practices to address the risks associated with handling sensitive data.
RISCPoint assists organizations (both covered entities and business associates), find the balance between what the highly regulated healthcare industry requires, and what makes sense for your organizations based on your specific situation – from your size, complexity, types of data handles, and regulatory and contractual exposure.
Why do our client’s need help?
Every organization that deals with healthcare data needs to ensure that it’s maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of patient data by establishing the appropriate Administrative, Physical, and Technical safeguards. The HIPAA Security Rule establishes a set of national standards for treating and security e-PHI. The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office for Civil Rights (OCR) is responsible for administering and enforcing these standards, in concert with its enforcement of the Privacy Rule, and may conduct complaint investigations and compliance reviews, with potential fines and penalties where violations are identified.
We specialize in assisting organizations with identifying compliance gaps, remediating them, and establishing a sustainable and defendable security and compliance environment with a focus on protecting patients’ data and organizational interest.
What we offer and why work with us?
Our team of security and compliance experts specialize in performing the following advisory work for our clients:
- Data identification (PII, (e)PHI) and mapping
- HIPAA Security and Privacy rule assessments
- State-specific breach response requirements review
- Breach response plan development and optimization
- HITRUST Advisory Services
- IT Risk and Vulnerability Assessments
- Penetration testing
Our tailored compliance solutions and experienced advisors aim to make the compliance process as transparent and seamless for your organization, by doing the following:
- We employ a team of industry experts who have assisted a large number of covered entities and business associates of all sizes achieve authorization.
- Our advisors have worked with and at some of the largest audit firms and regulators and bring the knowledge of what auditors and regulators expect.
- Our wide partner network includes security software vendors, hosting providers, as well as security engineers – we will be your one-stop-shop for all your security and compliance needs.
- We offer a wide range of security and compliance services and specialize in the development of enterprise-wise controls environments which will allow you to meet multiple standards and frameworks (FISMA, FedRAMP, SOC 1, SOC2, HITRUST, HIPAA, ISO 27001, and others) and minimize the time spent on audit and compliance works so you can focus on your day-to-day operations.
Start the Conversation
Work with our team of professionals to help find a tailored solution for your company